Saturday, October 29, 2011

i am broken

A week ago, yesterday, I stood next to her bed holding my daughter.  Grace looked at me and said, "Her hair is getting so long.  It's like mine, she looks like me... like a princess.  We need to get her a crown Mommy."  The next day she left us. Memaw.
I pretended for so long that I would never have to live in a world that she wasn't in.  It was a dream.  
I remember the first breath I took after her last.  It hurt... it hasn't stopped yet.  There is a tightness in my chest that won't go away.  I am broken.  Maybe it will lessen, but i dont believe it will go away.  I'm okay with that though.  Because I know that I'm am lucky.  I feel like the luckiest of us all.  I am so unbelievably fortunate to have had the time with her that I did.  To have heard the stories, cherished the hugs, and felt the love.  And the love was intense.  It still is.   

Memaw,
I will miss you and love you with my whole heart.  Thank you for the rainbow.  I felt it in my soul.
XOXO,
Melissa


"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over it became a beautiful butterfly."


No comments: