Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The 3-Ring Freak Show

So Grace and I have been disgustingly sick this last week. Well I started feeling better today, so I thought it’d be nice for Grace and I to have a little outing. I should have just stayed in bed all day. The day started with picking up poop off the floor. Not Oakley’s poop, not Itchy’s poop, Grace’s poop. So I’m changing her diapers and while I have her up in the air cleaning her butt, she reaches down, grabs her diaper, and chucks it on the floor. The poop flies out and lands on the floor. I then need to go into turbo mommy diaper mode so I can collect her lovely specimen off the floor before Oakley rubes his face in it. He has a very unhealthy attraction to Grace’s poop; it’s gross. Once Grace was napping I was trying to get a few things picked up around the house. For Christmas Oak and Itch each got a knot rope, that weren’t lasting long, due to Itchy’s intense chewing.

So it was not uncommon to see large piles of tangled thread laying around the floor. This is what I saw on my way through the living room picking up baby and dog toys. I reached down to get it, and it was not until I grabbed that I realized I had made a very big mistake. It was not only a ball of thread but also a hugh pile of thread vomit. Super, huh? I also looked behind that sofa (Itchy’s favorite vomit hiding spot), and I bet you can’t guess what I found. More vomit. Great! So now I’ve had to pick up both puke and poop. Again, I should have staying in bed today. But the fun doesn’t end there. Because Grace is getting faster and more mobile everyday, we decided to put up a gate keeping her from the TV stand (she loves playing with the tuner) and the kitchen (the water bowl is her favorite toy). The dogs were getting rowdy and seemed to want to go outside, probably to eat more grass to make more vomit. Grace likes outside so I grabbed her up and while in the process of moving the gate out, impatient Itchy leapt from the loveseat in an attempt to jump the gate. Do you see where I’m going with this? Yeah, he landed on the gate, ripped the panel off, tried to get up and fell again. Oakley panicked, Grace laughed, and I had a mini heart attack. I thought he broke his leg. He ended up being fine, and so did the gate. Itchy is as tough as nails. He has flipped off and run into so many things, and he just brushes it off. Well that’s it, the rest of our day has been quiet, but with this family, there’s still time.
And just for fun. Check out my little mini me. She’s a little blogger just like Mommy, but poor sweet Grace just couldn’t quiet handle the pressure.

1 comment:

The Fay's said...

i love that she fell asleep. thats what i want to do sometimes at work. ha! so precious!